Classical furniture is solid wood furniture with tenon-and-mortise structure. The exterior paint is used to decorate and protect the furniture. Therefore, the performance of wood and paint determines the maintenance and maintenance requirements of classical furniture.
1. When handling or moving classical furniture, keep it steady, and do not pull it hard to avoid uneven stress on the furniture and damage the tenon and tenon structure. Tables and chairs cannot be lifted and fall off easily. It is best to remove the cabinet door and lift it again to reduce weight and avoid movement of the cabinet door at the same time. If you need to move particularly heavy furniture, you can use a soft rope to put it under the furniture chassis and lift it up and then move it.
2. Appropriate amount of solid mothproofing agent should be placed in closed furniture such as boxes and cabinets.
3. Avoid placing furniture in front of large south-facing glass windows. Long-term direct sunlight will cause the internal moisture of the furniture wood to lose balance and cause cracks. The paint film will fade or even fall off under the influence of ultraviolet rays in the sun. Avoid placing overheated items directly on the table, which will damage the protective paint and wax on the surface. Hot water cups, etc. cannot be placed directly on the surface of the furniture, otherwise it will leave traces that are not easy to remove. The temperature difference should not be too large to avoid turning on and off the air conditioner, which may cause drastic temperature changes.
4. For hardwood furniture, the air should be kept at a good humidity and adjusted to an appropriate temperature. If the air-conditioning is used for a long time, a basin of water can be placed next to it. Using a humidifier to control the internal temperature within a certain range is the safest method. If it is a bungalow in a low-lying house, the legs of the furniture must be properly raised when the floor is wet, otherwise the legs will be easily corroded by moisture.
5. Put a layer of soft film on the furniture, handle it gently in the vertical direction, so as not to damage the paint film. If the paint film is slippery and damaged, it should be repaired by professionals in time. Avoid placing heavy objects on the surface of the furniture for a long time, especially TVs, fish tanks, etc., which will deform the furniture. It is not advisable to spread airtight materials such as plastic cloth on the tabletop.
6. When wiping classic furniture, use a soft cotton cloth or soft brush to wipe. Avoid using metal brushes, hard brushes or rough cloths. First wipe off the dust on the furniture, and then wipe with a dry cloth made of cotton and linen. Never wipe hardwood furniture with a wet rag or rough rag. Wet wipes can pose a great threat to the surface of furniture, because the water and sand in the wet wipes will produce granular particles that will scratch the surface of the furniture. Use a clean and soft cotton cloth, add a little furniture wax or walnut oil after a period of time, and gently wipe back and forth along the wood grain. There should be no water droplets or watermarks on the furniture.
7. Classical furniture should be maintained regularly. Under normal circumstances, wax the furniture after cleaning the dust on the surface of the furniture, otherwise the dust will cause wax spots and scratches. General spray wax or water wax can be used, but automobile wax must not be used. Don't wax the furniture too frequently, just once a week or two. Each use of wax and walnut oil can make the surface of the furniture smooth and have a moderate luster. When waxing, you should go from point to surface, from shallow to deep, and gradually deep.
8. How to prevent the desk from collapsing
There is a kind of plan case called the shelf plan case, also called the shelf case, the table is very long, thick, and heavy. Its table and legs are not integrated, but detachable. Commonly known as "a piece of jade" in the north and "stem board" in the south, it was popular in the late Qing Dynasty. People generally use it to put heavy self-ringing bells or rock bonsai.
Because the items on the desk are cumbersome, the pressure on the desk is very heavy. Both ends of the desk are supported by the desk legs, so it is not too difficult, but the middle of the desk is suspended in the air, and there is a danger of collapse after a long time. In order to avoid this phenomenon, the case should be turned over every other year or half a year, so that the slightly curved case will be restored by changing the direction of the force.
9. Reasonable placement
Furniture placement and maintenance also have a certain relationship. In a bungalow, keep a distance of one centimeter from the wall when placing the case, cabinet, and table, and not close to the wall. Because if you stick it too close, the moisture on the brick wall will corrode the furniture, make the furniture damp, and also damage the wax layer or patina on the surface of the furniture, and then damage the wood.
Furniture with rattan drawers, do not put heavy objects and blunt objects, so as to avoid crushing and scratches, and can not be stepped on, especially in the dry season, the most easily damaged.
Hereby declare: The above content comes from the Internet, and the content is for your reference only. If you infringe on your rights, please contact us and we will delete it immediately.
We (Alice) are a professional manufacturer of furniture nameplates, we can produce zinc alloy, aluminum, copper, brass, pvc, etc. The company has a complete research and development, design, production, sales, service system, trademark rights, 5 national patent and trademark applications, a plant area of 2,000 square meters, and more than 100 employees.